Timeline

How the mill has passed from owners to millers to owners
1700
First recorded title deeds
1651
Court cases re diversion of watercourse
2012
Separated from the Mill House and sold to Sarah Parker
2009
Planning permission is granted to convert the mill to a dwelling
2003
Sold to Dermott and Claire Whelan
1994
Sold to Phil Sabin
1987
The waterwheel seizes and all work at the mill stops
...
The mill remains in the Goodman family for over 100 years
1823
Mary Willmer conveys the mill to Richard Goodman
1808
A plot of meadow in East End is added to the estate
1771
Richard Goodman rents from Mary Wilmer
1766
Sold to Richard Goodman, miller
1765
Belongs to Cuthbert Sheldon of Priestly Manor
1731
Sold to Thomas Langhorne after the death of Matthew Woodward
1731
occupied by John Goodman
1704
Owned by Matthew Woodward
1700
The property passed from Mary Cheyne to William Geary
1699
Inherited by Mary Cheyne, widow of T.C.
1610
Flitwick mill is included in the Honour of Ampthill
1508
Flitwick Manor and land is sold by the Earl of Kent to Henry VII
1150
Given to Dunstable Priory by Lord Phillip de Saundreville
1086
William Lovet held in Flitwick one mill worth 4s